You can help. Here are some ideas:
• Offer to speak in a correctional setting.
• Volunteer to be a temporary contact upon an inmate’s release and take them to their first outside A.A. meeting.
• Provide the correctional facility, with their permission, with DVDs of A.A. material.
• Donate the price of a Big Book or a “Twelve and Twelve” to your local corrections committee, or provide back issues of Grapevine and A.A. Conference-approved literature.
• Correspond with an inmate through the Corrections Correspondence Service.
• Support corrections committees in your district, area or intergroup/central office.
• Participate in correctional facilities workshops.
From the AA pamphlet “Carrying the Message Into Correctional Facilities”
You can purchase this pamphlet on the Australian National Office Literature website here or from your local Central Service Office.